Job Title: Program Manager
The East-West Management Institute, Inc. (EWMI), a not-for-profit organization engaged in strengthening civil society and promoting the rule of law around the world, is hiring a Program Manager to work in its New York City or Washington, D.C. headquarters to help manage its expanding portfolio of programs in Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and Asia.
Position Description: The Program Manager serves as the focal point within the organization for assigned countries and programs, liaising with all departments in HQ to provide support and ensure successful program implementation. Tasks include preparing subgrants to local organizations, drafting consulting agreements with international experts, tracking expenditures against budgets, ensuring compliance with donor (especially USAID) rules and regulations, and documenting program accomplishments. The Program Manager may also train and mentor local project staff on these matters, assist in opening and closing of project offices overseas, and assist in the preparation of proposals for new projects. Ability to travel overseas for extended periods (up to four weeks) is required.
Requirements: Successful applicants will possess:
- A minimum of two years of experience in supporting the implementation of international development projects;
- Strong written and oral communications skills (in English; ability to speak other languages in regions where EWMI works is preferred);
- The ability to prepare and read budgets;
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
- Prior experience in promoting human rights, supporting civil society, and/or strengthening the rule of law;
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in international relations, political science, or related field;
- Experience having worked overseas in a developing country preferred;
- Other specialized skills, such as with IT, public outreach, accounting, etc., is also preferred and should be highlighted.
To Apply: Please submit a brief (one page only) cover letter summarizing how you meet the above requirements, together with a CV (two pages only), and the names and contact information for three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The positions will be filled on a rolling basis, and applications received after COB on Monday, June 11th will not be considered. Only those invited for interviews will be contacted; no calls please. EWMI is an equal opportunity employer.