Apply immediately, but no later than by the end of the day on September 22, 2022
East-West Management Institute, Inc. (EWMI) invites applications by international experts and nationals of Zimbabwe for the Chief of Party position as part of EWMI’s proposal for the upcoming five-year USAID/Zimbabwe Young People for Integrity and Accountability (YPIA) Activity. The Activity will strengthen the ability of young people and key institutions at the sub-national level to improve good governance and public integrity. This is a long-term position based in Harare contingent on award and funding and offers a generous benefits package. The assignment is expected to start in February 2023.
Chief of Party
Chief of Party will be responsible for successful implementation of the YPIA Activity as well as for providing expertise in governance and anti-corruption to help create an evidence-based approach, integrating innovative strategies and delivering on all objectives of the Activity. The COP will also be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of programmatic staff. The COP will provide mentorship and training, as needed, for all national staff.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in managing international donor-funded development programs related to corruption, accountability, youth engagement, and/or civil society with demonstrated experience in leading teams to achieve development results
- Master’s degree in political science, public administration, international relations, organizational development, or in relevant fields or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Southeast Africa or regions at similar stages of economic development
- Substantial knowledge of anti-corruption strategies, including in the public and private spheres and at the national and sub-national levels, youth engagement, and civil society capacity building, including strong successful experience in advancing and strengthening anti-corruption efforts
- Substantial experience advancing anti-corruption and reform initiatives in politically sensitive environments
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills related to activity management, including activity planning and performance management, motivating and supervising team efforts, and financial and personnel management
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and maintaining professional relationships with host country counterparts in government, civil society, and other stakeholders.
To apply: Please send (i) a curriculum vitae, (ii) cover letter, and (iii) contact information for three references to: email@example.com and include in the subject line “COP – Zimbabwe YPIA”. No phone calls please. EWMI will contact applicants for interviews or to request additional information. EWMI is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages qualified women candidates to apply.