EWMI Renovates Basic Court in Podgorica
On September 12, 2012, the renovated user premises of the Basic Court in Podgorica were officially opened to the public, signifying the successful completion of the Court Improvement Plan that primarily involved improvements to internal court management and overall court transparency, as well as improvements in internal communication within the court administration.
The 1.5 year and 150,000.00 EUR improvement project included:
- Introduction of a new Manual Case Management System, accompanied by provision of new shelves for case file folders and designing and printing of revised case file folders (expediting case handling procedures); introduction of internal case file location cards and calendar books into daily case management processes;
- Development and implementation of backlog case reduction plans to guide more efficient resolution of backlog cases facilitated by formation of “judges’ teams”;
- Engagement of an “Archive Commission” to drive more efficient management and purging of archived cases from the court;
- Better systematization of working posts and better distribution of the court workload;
- Various activities for improvement of daily court operations: development of brochures prepared by the court and offering court clients essential information, provision of LCD monitors with schedule of hearings and provision of complaint/suggestion boxes that will guide court management in improvements of customer services and facilitate provision of better services to court clients;
- Renovation of court facilities in the customer service areas with the greatest customer flow (file registries, copy center, security desk, etc.), as well as partial renovation of court archive premises. The renovation will improve the efficiency of the court and increase its transparency, leading to better service to court customers.
The renovation will improve the efficiency of the court and increase its transparency, leading to better service to court customers.
A video detailing the the implementation of the Court Improvement Plan in Basic Court Podgorica can be found here.