Job opportunity with an upcoming USAID-funded program in the Republic of Serbia.
Apply immediately, but no later than March 15, 2023.
East-West Management Institute, Inc. (EWMI) invites applications for the position of Chief of Party to oversee an upcoming four-year USAID/Serbia Justice for All (J4A) Activity. The Activity will strengthen access to and quality of justice in Serbia, with a particular focus on the needs of marginalized and vulnerable populations. This is a long-term staff position based in Belgrade, Serbia, and is contingent on award funding. The assignment is expected to start in September 2023.
The Chief of Party (CoP) will provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction for the Project, and serve as the primary liaison between USAID and all Project counterparts. The CoP will oversee annual work plan development and implementation, ensuring the Project adheres to its obligations regarding MEL, financial compliance, and operational policies. The CoP will also oversee all Project human resources, including the hiring and training of local staff.
- Responsible for oversight of the entire Project, including technical management and strategic direction, in addition to financial compliance and operational success;
- Provide the overall strategic direction, management, and technical oversight of project implementation to achieve desired results; Oversee completion of all technical requirements, project results, and deliverables in line with the project work plan;
- Foster and maintain effective, professional relations with USAID, project partners, the Government of the Republic of Serbia, and civil society counterparts; represent EWMI and the project to all external audiences;
- Responsible for successful implementation of all Project activities, including adherence to all reporting, MEL, GESI, and financial compliance obligations;
- Ensure gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) priorities are integrated throughout implementation, outreach, and MEL;
- Responsible for successful project operations and financial management, including ensuring compliance with USG/USAID regulations and procedures; and
- Oversee hiring, training, and mentoring of local personnel.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience implementing multi-sector development programs related to justice, civic participation, civil society, and/or GESI;
- Strong technical expertise in both civil society and the Serbian justice system, including expertise in people-centered justice, social inequality and exclusion, and access to justice;
- Substantial knowledge of Serbian justice sector institutions, ability to build productive relationships with both justice sector and civil society actors to achieve project outcomes;
- Demonstrated experience integrating GESI and people-centered justice considerations into development interventions in the Serbian context;
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills related to activity management, including activity planning and performance management, motivating and supervising team efforts, and financial and personnel management;
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering an organizational environment that promotes diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility, ensuring that all personnel are treated with dignity and respect;
- Skilled in program design, implementation, grant management, reporting, and MEL;
- Excellent language skills in English and Serbian.
To apply: Please send (i) a curriculum vitae, (ii) cover letter, and (iii) contact information for three references to: email@example.com, and include “Chief of Party, J4A Serbia” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. EWMI will contact applicants for interviews or to request additional information.
EWMI is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.