East-West Management Institute, Inc. (EWMI) invites applications by international experts and nationals of Timor-Leste for the Chief of Party position as part of EWMI’s proposal for the upcoming five-year USAID/Timor-Leste NGO Advocacy for Good Governance. The program will work to expand the NGO enabling environment and strengthen the organizational, research, networking, and financial capacity for selected mid-level local advocacy NGOs in Timor-Leste to provide increased evidence-based, sustainable advocacy services on behalf of citizens. This is a long-term position, based in Dilli, Timor-Leste, and offers a generous benefits package. The assignment is expected to start in spring 2020.
Chief of Party (COP) Qualifications:
- At least a Master's degree in a related field of study;
- At least 10 years of strong working experience preferably in managing NGO strengthening activities;
- Work experience in advocacy area and capacity building with NGOs;
- Demonstrated ability to establish productive relationships with senior government officials, the private sector, civil society, and donor community;
- Proven leadership, management, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience working in Timor-Leste or in the region is highly preferred;
- Knowledge about political, socio-economic aspects of Timor-Leste is preferred;
- English language fluency required, with excellent written and oral communications skills. Portuguese or Tetun, and Indonesian competency an advantage.
To apply: Please send (i) a curriculum vitae, (ii) cover letter, and (iii) contact information for three references to: TLjobs@ewmi.org and include “Timor-Leste - COP” in the subject line. No phone calls please. EWMI will contact applicants for interviews or to request additional information.
About EWMI: Founded in 1988 as an independent, not-for-profit organization, EWMI promotes the rule of law, civil society, and free market systems globally.